We all love eating potatoes in many forms, but did you know that potato is good for skin whitening as well?
Yes, potatoes help in lightening the skin and help get that glowing skin we all secretly desire. Don’t wait and grab this item immediately which is available all year long at low costs, and helps maintain skin health.
In this post, let us see how to use potato for skin whitening.
Table Of Contents
How Do Potatoes Make Skin White?
Potatoes are rich in lectins and niacinamide, potatoes are effective in interrupting the transfer of melanosomes (specialized pigment-containing organelle), which is the main reason why you can use potatoes for skin whitening.
Potato juice contains a host of nutrients, including Vitamins B and C, potassium, calcium, iron, phosphorus and copper. Since potato juice is so nutrient dense, it offers a wide range of benefits for the skin and helps in permanent skin whitening.
The vitamins present in potato help to reduce premature aging of the face and thereby reduce the age spots and pigmentation. Vitamin C present in potatoes helps build collagen and improves collagen health.
The starch present in potato reduces pigmentation and enhances your natural glow. You can use potato as skin whitening agent and for clearing hyperpigmentation and blemishes.
Can We Apply Potato On Face Daily?
Yes, potato juice can be used on face daily. Just use raw potato juice as a cleanser to get rid of dark spots, acne and any other impurities on the skin. Mix it with other natural ingredients to form a pack and use every 2-3 days.
Side Effects Of Using Potatoes On Face
There is not enough scientific research to prove that potatoes are completely safe for your face. Besides, for some people, there may be an allergic reaction owing to a latex allergy found in some adults.
If you have latex allergy, avoid using raw potatoes on your face. Even if you don’t have any known allergies, be sure to do a patch test first. This involves applying a small amount of potato juice onto the inside of your elbow and waiting at least 24 to 48 hours to see if any allergic reactions occur.
Read: How To Lighten Skin Naturally
Now let’s look at how to use potato for face whitening –
1. 15 Minute Skin Whitening Potato Facial Bleach
Want to achieve permanent skin whitening with potato?
This 15 minute potato facial bleach formula gives instant results. It uses potato juice for skin whitening. It treats your dark spots, acne scars, pimples and marks.
This potato bleach is completely natural and has no side effects at all. Using this potato bleach at home regularly will help remove any sun tan and your skin will appear bright and radiant instantly.
Let’s go ahead and see how to prepare this magical potato bleach for face.
1. At first, peel off the potato skin and cut the potato into smaller pieces.
2. Now grind potato pieces with rose water.
3. If your skin is oily, then add few drops of lemon juice into the paste. If your skin is dry, add 1 tablespoon honey into this paste.
4. Mix all the ingredients to form a paste.
5. Apply this potato paste on your face and leave it for 15 minutes. You might feel a slight tingling sensation on applying this paste, but that is perfectly normal. It just means that the bleach is doing its job.
6. Wash your face after 15 minutes.
7. For better results, apply this 2-3 times in a week.
2. Honey, Lemon & Potato Juice For Skin Whitening
Potato juice is excellent for skin whitening. Potato has mild bleaching properties that help reduce melanin production, reduces hyper pigmentation, and lightens the skin tone.
Potato has Vitamin C which boosts collagen production which helps in maintaining skin elasticity. It also has catecholase enzyme that help reduce dark spots and acne scars.
Let’s see how to apply potato juice on face.
1. Grate some potato and take out its juice into a small bowl.
2. Take 1 1/2 tablespoon honey and add 1 1/2 tablespoon potato juice into it.
3. Add juice of 1/2 a lemon into this mixture.
4. Mix all the ingredients well. It will have a gel like consistency.
5. Apply this potato gel on your face. Honey, lemon and potato are all great ingredients for your skin. Lemon juice in this mixture helps in getting rid of all the dead skin cells. Honey helps in getting a glowing skin. Potato juice helps in skin lightening.
6. Gently massage the potato gel on your face in circular motion. It helps in lightening of lips too, so you can apply this gel on your lips as well.
7. Keep massaging for 10 minutes and after that leave it on your face for 5 minutes.
8. Wash it off with normal water.
You can use this remedy 2-3 times a week. This potato gel actually gives instant results for face. Do try it out.
3. Potato On Face Overnight
Applying raw potato juice on your face overnight can help in achieving glowing skin. Let’s see how you can use potato face mask overnight for radiant skin.
1. Peel one potato and cut it into smaller pieces.
2. Grind the potato pieces in a blender to form a paste.
3. Strain the juice from this paste into a bowl.
4. Add 2 teaspoons of raw milk into the potato juice.
5. Add 1/4 teaspoon of wild turmeric into this mixture.
6. Mix all the ingredients well.
7. Before going to bed, wash your face with warm water.
8. Apply this mixture on your face and neck with the help of a cotton pad. Use generously on any dark spots, acne or pigmentation. The lactic acid present in milk naturally lightens the skin. Wild turmeric is also very helpful in skin lightening. It helps in removing any kind of marks from our face.
9. Leave the potato face mask on your face for entire night.
10. Wash it off with cold water in morning.
You can use this remedy daily without worrying about any side effects. It is very light on the skin and suits all skin types. You can also store this potato face mask overnight in a refrigerator in the form of ice cubes.
4. Potato Face Pack For Skin Whitening
A potato face mask can be a great way to achieve permanent skin whitening with potato. This face mask can help clear acne and reduce dark spots as well. Using potato on face overnight can help you get a glowing complexion in no time.
Let’s see how to prepare potato face pack for skin whitening.
1. Take some sandalwood powder or even fuller’s earth.
2. Mix this powder with potato juice in a clean bowl, to form a thick paste.
3. Apply this mixture as a face mask all over your face.
4. Leave it on for 8-10 minutes.
5. Wash it off with plain water.
6. Use this pack once a week for great results.
5. Potato Cream For Skin Whitening
We already know the benefits of potato for skin whitening by now.
Rice water is known for whitening skin naturally. Rice contains vitamins which help to reduce dark skin and pigmentation, minerals which tighten the skin’s open pores and amino acids which are essential for beautiful skin. It also contains ferulic acid, a powerful anti-oxidant .
When mixed together, potato and rice cream works best for naturally lightening the skin tone.
Let’s see how to make this rice and potato cream for face.
1. Use 2-3 spoons full of plain white rice.
2. Wash the rice with water to remove any dirt or dust.
3. Keep the rice soaked in water for 15-20 minutes.
4. Peel off the potato and cut into small cubes.
5. Take a cooker and add the potato cubes and rice into it.
6. Add some water and put the mixture on medium flame.
7. It will take 15-20 minutes for the mixture to cook completely.
8. Put off the flame and leave the mixture to cool down for some time.
9. Strain the mixture in slightly warm condition with the help of a strainer.
10. Add 2 Vitamin E capsules into this mixture.
11. Add 1 full tablespoon of extra virgin coconut oil.
12. Add 1 tablespoon of almond oil into this mixture.
13. Add some lemon essential oil in the mixture. This will help to brighten the skin.
14. Mix all the ingredients well.
15. Use this potato skin whitening cream anytime during the day after applying your favorite toner and/or moisturizer.
So these were some potato benefits for skin whitening.
Believe me, these really work!
Tried using potato for skin lightening ? Do let me know in the comment section below